Thursday, November 28, 2019

REMARKS BY PRESIDENT TRUMP DURING TROOP ENGAGEMENT North DFAC Bagram Airfield-BAF Bagram, Afghanistan

Office of the Press Secretary

REMARKS BY PRESIDENT TRUMP
DURING TROOP ENGAGEMENT

North DFAC
Bagram Airfield-BAF
Bagram, Afghanistan
 


9:08 P.M. AFST

     THE PRESIDENT:  We're going to be getting together.  We'll be saying a few words in a little while.  But it's an honor to be with you.  We brought Senator Barrasso.  As you know, he's a great supporter of our military services.  And nobody is like you.  We spent two and a half trillion since I've been here.  That’s a lot of money.  But we rebuilt our military.  It was depleted, as you know, and now it’s -- I guess, the word “depletion” is about the last word we’d use, right?

     PARTICIPANT:  Yes, sir.

     THE PRESIDENT:  Because we have all great stuff.

     But I want to thank you very much, and I’ll be talking to you later.

     But, right now, I want to have some turkey, okay?  I’m going to join you for a little lunch.  And thank you.  We’re going to also shake hands with some of the folks.  So thank you all very much.  What a great job you do.  It’s an honor to be here.

     It’s a long flight.  That is a longer flight than you told me about -- (laughter) -- I have to tell you, John.  But we love it.  We would have been -- if it was five times longer, it wouldn’t have mattered to me.

     So thank you all very much.  Thank you.  (Applause.)


                               END                 9:09 P.M. AFST
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment